alright, with moving REALLY close in sight i am faced to make a big decision...
do we sell/get rid of most everything we own? or hold on to things and haul a bunch out to nampa just for the summer and then to virginia in the fall?
in nampa we will be living in the hubs parents house. they are in colorado and haven't been able to sell their nampa home yet, so we will be there alone and not need all of our furniture etc. in virginia we'll be moving into my parents basement but it is fully furnished as well. BUT we will only be with my parents for a few months and then most likely we will be moving down to richmond. THAT means we'll be in our own apartment again which will need furniture...
i'm leaning more towards selling and trying to get rid of as much as possible now. i want to do this because i kind of like the idea of starting all over from scratch! plus we could make some pocket mulah and then i get to redecorate all over!! :)
i'm not super attached to most of our things anyways and i have already looked up GREAT places to thrift/always go to ikea to get different furniture. to me, it's all about the hunt!
what are your thoughts?
5 comments:
sell most of it. not all, but most.
you love shopping. you find great deals and you love to craft.
therefore, sell it now, buy and create later.
sell what you don't love. If you have pieces you really can't imagine parting with, do what it takes to keep those. Get rid of the rest and have some creative fun!
Thats why we got rid of our couches so we could buy new ones when we moved again! YAY I love shopping for home stuff, save the stuff you love and get rid of the bigger stuff you dont like as much. I cleared out a ton of kitchen/clothes/ junk stuff we never use before we moved it was great! miss you guys I wish we could meet little piggy
I think you have the right idea w/ selling. Can you imagine how expensive it would be to haul your big furniture to Virginia? You will be saving money by dropping it before you go.
Ashley. Your moving blogs seriously make me so sad, which I understand is rediculous because I'm sure we'll see you just as much once you move as we do now. Which blows. ;) I think just the thought of you being so far away is a hard one. We LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
P.S. I loooooove the penguin outfit!!!!!!!!!!!
ASH!!! I cant wait for the fall when you will be in VA! we can hang out with our babies!!! yayy. I say sell your stuff. If you don't you have to store it, and if your family doesn't have room that cost money. lots i think. And moving across the country cost a lot too. And IKEA is great and its so close to Stafford! AND BYU-I people will buy your stuff like crazy! our stuff went so fast and we didn't have a bed for like 3 weeks. I slept in a blow up boat!
We are in Fairfax right now but when our lease is up in July we are moving down towards woodbride/stafford area. We are still looking~but we will be pretty close!
Post a Comment