Monday, January 31, 2011

yes, i am the cow wife.

so devin messed up BIG last week at our ward party. he's in the dog house, for real.

well, our ward opening social was last tuesday night and we were super excited because... food was there. lets face it - everyone goes for the food. anyways, we sit down at a table with the bishop and his wife, one of his counselor's and his wife, and this new couple in the ward. let me explain first of all that this couple hadn't been married very long AT ALL. we're talking, a couple weeks - max! annnnd they are SUPER awkward. so, devin and i are trying to make them feel comfortable and asking them tons of questions about themselves and dev is trying REALLY hard to make funny jokes. i thought they were funny but no one else was really laughing.

i finished eating and i kept drinking pretty much the whole pitcher of water that was at our table. i was SO thirsty! so i asked dev to go get me some more water from another table. he came back and this is what he said...

"i gotta keep my woman hydrated so she can lactate."

forget that i'm beyond embarrassed. remember who we are sitting with - BISHOP and his wife.... and his counselor... and the newly wed couple's jaws just drop. they keep looking at each other like OH CRAP, married wards really are as weird as everyone has warned us about!

so, i hit dev in the arm and he tries to defend himself and make it better by saying...

"what!?! i worked on a calf ranch and i had to keep all the lady cows hydrated so they could lactate for all their babies. i know what i'm talking about ash!"



GREAT. now, i am a cow. don't you just LOVE your husbands?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I don't know if you remember meeting me at Kourtney and Kyles but I totally blog stalked you after Kourtney told me you had your baby. I had to chime in on this because my hubby grew up on a dairy farm and compares motherhood, baby having etc to cows all the time. hehehe I foudn it funny that he wasn't the only one. Your baby is super cute too by the way!

Mark Hunsaker said...

BAHHH HAHAHAHAHA! I cannot stop laughing!!!!

Corinne Chidester said...

BAHAHAHAHA! Oh Ashley, I probably laughed for five minutes! CLASSIC!

Katie Wolfley said...

Oh Ash, I feel your pain. My husband grew up on a dairy farm. You can only imagine the things that came out of his mouth.

Stacey said...

OMG!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I am sooo sorry but this is probably the funniest story I have heard in a long time!

A.S.K. said...

Oh goodness! That is so sad! I don't know who to feel worse for--you or the newlywed couple. It's these moments that you'll look back on and laugh.

Cam said...

Oh my gosh! He is bold! Don't let him forget that incident on Valentine's Day. :)