well, here i am post baby - 12 days. i am alive! :)
being a mom is bomb. no, i did not mean to rhyme. anyways... i thought i was going to be pulling my hair out, in sweats, no make-up, and have red cracked eyes from being sleep deprived. surprisingly, none of this is coming to pass. (forgive me, i just got done reading my scriptures so i have the 1 nephi lingo going on).
I KNOW i'm not doing all of the above because crew is freaking awesome! literally, he is a God send. this child is soooooooo good. i was always so worried about having a super fussy baby and one that i could never figure out what he wanted but not with this little man. if he wants something, he will let me know. he has this crazy SCREAM. babies are not supposed to develop lungs like this until they are 13 year old girls. at any rate, i'm grateful that he lets me know that something is wrong - poopy diaper, hungry... whatever. but the second he's fed and changed, happy baby all around! i love it.
one thing i lied about... i am in sweats and it happens to be 1:30 in the afternoon and i have no make-up on because i don't want to. so, hah! i think i'll shower in a minute anyways because he's napping.
a few things i DID NOT expect with this new development of motherhood:
1. (you might think this is bad...) the hubs and i NEVER call him crew. we always call him piggy or piglet. i know, i know - i'm such a bad mom. but seriously, you would laugh your head off if you heard him eat or sleep. he makes the LOUDEST, funniest snorts and weird noises you've ever heard. i love it. we love our little piglet :)
2. little children crying is not so great for me. if you've ever seen that episode of the office when kevin "waa waa's" at pam's boobs and she starts lactating - it's not a myth. ALL TRUE. so please, i love your children's little cries in sacrament but for the sake of my embarressment please put a pacifier in your child's mouth or something. please please please.
3. i have HIVES! is that normal? i'm hoping it's just hormones or something. i've never had hives in my life but i have them on my stomach, arms, legs... you name it. i can NOT stop itching them. it's awful! seriously, is that normal? any rememdies to stop itching?
well, pigl... crew is napping so i need to go get showered and clean the house. i need to take new pictures. they are on their way!
6 comments:
Ash, I am so glad Crew is such a good little baby. Can't wait to see new pictures of the little guy.
I just want you to know how excited and happy I am for you, and I read your blog every day (well I check it every day and then read it when you post, you are so aweome Ashley)
I'm so glad you are doing well. I was so happy to see that your mom was able to come be with you. My mom didn't get to meet my little girl until she was about seven months old because she can't leave my twin sisters with just anyone and my dad was babying the business due to the recession, so it couldn't be helped. I missed her a lot during that time. I bet it is a wonderful thing to share with your mother. Sounds like your little boy is a pretty smart cookie.
I am so glad to hear that all is well with your family! What a catch you got in crew!!!! HE sounds like such a wonderful baby! I am sorry I don't have any answers about the hives but I hope they go away so you are not so itchy! Please let us know next time you are in town!!!!
LOVE!!!!! I can't wait to meet your piggers!! I LOVE him SO much already. Really. Gahh. MISS YOU THREE A LOT. So seriously about your hives..you can go to walmart or any drug store and pick up anything that says hydrocortisone cream..you don't want first aid cream, like neosporin (sp? ha) but anything that says for rash or irritation ect. Thumbs up. Maybe ask your Dr the next time you chat at him, because maybe it's a postpreg thing..but I would assume that it's just from sometime new you have for Crew. Like maybe you're allergic to baby lotion? Or something new that you're using w/ him. Try avoiding some of those things and see if you notice a difference. Either way....LOVEYOUSOMUCH. Let's see each other soon, yes?! (:
Ha ha love this! I'm sure you're the cutest mommy ever!! I can't wait to see more pics! The suspense is killing me! I look on here almost everyday!! I want to see this cute little monster! I think it's really cute that you guys call him Pigglett!
Post a Comment