Friday, June 25, 2010

you know you're pregnant when...

1. kissing your husband makes you barf.
2. every smell under the planet makes you barf.
3. all you can eat are otter pops and popcorn and then you proceed to barf.
4. barfing consists of every day all day and all night long.
5. you pass out at work on your first day.
6. you have to quit because you are too sick.
7. you haven't showered in 3 or 4 days because you are too light headed.
8. you can't wear your deoderant because it makes you sick smelling it.
9. you miss your health more than anything.
10. you can't wait til january to meet this baby!!!

yupp, you guessed it. we are pregnant! we are having a baby at the beginning of january. we couldn't be more excited! i'm not going to lie though, i might have been a little more hesitant if i had known i was going to be this sick, ha! actually... i probably wouldn't have :)

i feel like it's not even real still. honestly, i feel like i'm just sick for no reason half the time. but hearing the baby's heart beat a few weeks ago made it more real to me. it was the cutest sound i've ever heard. of course, i balled my eyes out. it's just surreal the WE - devin and i - are going to be parents!

of course, i want a girl and surprisingly enough, devin is just itching for a girl! who would've thought big, tough devin of an all boy family would want a girl so bad? but i'm positive that means we'll have a boy, haha. you know what? i'd be totally okay with that too :) we just want this baby to be healthy!

i keep having all these dreams that i'm having twin boys. not only twin boys, but they come out LARGE. like toddler large. please OH please, don't let that be the case. but not only are they like 2 year olds but they're eating lollipops and fully clothed. who knows!



does the barfing and the nausea EVER go away? i wish i was one of those girls that only threw up a couple times a week or like once a day and felt better. that would be a DREAM. this little baby gummy bear (as devin calls it, b/c that's what it looked like in our ultra sound) is making me so sick! i knoooooooooowwwwwww without a doubt it is worth it. i just miss feeling good.


(we are best friends now)

so we've talked about names a lot and devin gets SO excited about it. he was like, do you realize how much POWER we have with naming this child!? yeah, that makes me nervous. he's always saying how if it's a boy we'll name him wilford or if it's a girl we'll name her wilfa. can you imagine?

Hi, my name is Wilfa Woodruff.

lucky for devin, i tell him no. if it was up to him we would have more girls named aquia velva and mercedez benz. these poor kids. don't worry, i will save you!

14 comments:

Taylor Osborne said...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you but I have to say I WAS SHOCKED as I remembered all our previous conversations :) !!!! I am so sorry you are so sick and I wish I could do something to help you. Please keep us posted. CONGRATULATIONS P.S. this is heather but for some reason I must be logged into Taylor

Katie Wolfley said...

Congrats you guys! I am so excited for you! Ashley I was so sick my entire pregnancy too, I know exactly how you feel, I still can't wear peach lotion from Bath & Body Works bc it made me sick when I was pregnant. But when the baby gets there it makes it all worth it. You two will be such good parent's, tell Devin I said congrats too!

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

That is such great news!! Congrdulations! Pretty sure you will be the cutest pregnant lady ever!! Keep us all up dated!!

lizard said...

You will absolutely be the cutest preggo ever!!! I'm sorry you're so sick :( if it makes you feel any better, at least nausea and barfing are generally signs of a healthy pregnancy :) I'm going to bet you're having a girl.

Tiffany said...

AHHHAHHAHAHA Iam so excited for you Ashley! I am so so sorry you are sick though, but honestly you have the best attitude about it, you are my idol! You two will be great parents, this sweet child making you so sick does not even realize how lucky they are to be coming to you and Devin! Please post pics of you prego, I always said you would be the cutest pregnant wife ever! Congratulations! And if it helps at all, nicole was really sick with brynlee and her doctor said it was a girl because of how sick she was, same with my mom. So ask your mom and your sister if they were sick with boys or girls, it is suppose to run in the family! :) I love you and I am so excited for you! I seriously screamed for joy when I read your post!!!!!! :) YAY!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! That's all I can say!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Ashley Archibald said...

congratulations ashley! pregnancy is amazing! hope you're feeling better soon, it does go away!

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Oh Lil Ashley and Devi poo, we are sooo excited for you! That is so fun!!! Congratulations!

Nataley said...

YAY! Congrats! That is so exciting. I am sorry you have been so sick :( That is no fun at all. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Melissa Howell said...

congratulations!!! we're so excited for you. january babies are the best (rachel was january 10th). you will be a wonderful momma. i'm excited to hear more. do ya'll know when you'll be in virginia next time?

Corinne Chidester said...

oh ASHLEY! Congratulations! I'm so excited for both you and Devin! You will be such great parents! I hope you get feeling better asap! I'll keep you in my prayers!
p.s. You are going to be the most ADORABLE pregnant woman. No fat, just a bball belly. Jealous.

Mary and Jordan said...

ashhh I am so happy for you!! Yayyy a little ashley or devin!!! yay name her mercedes like off glee!! Just drop the benz..YAYYY your having a baby!!

Paige Broadbent said...

holy guacamole!!! I am so excited! You will be such a fun mom! I am sure the barfing will end eventually =) Your blog always makes me smile...and laugh...out loud. Miss you!

Cody & Brittany Hawkes said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASHLEY!!! the whole time....hahaha I can't believe you are preggers :) and you kept asking cody & I when we were gonna have kids. so fun!!! well I think I have more friends pregnant than not pregnant, but I am soooo sooooo happy for you two! congrats! I hope things are going better for ya...are you and devin in Rexburg still or are you home for the summer? well take care xoxox