i just feel GRATEFUL. grateful for my life. i am so glad to be me and married to the person i am. seriously, life is SO fun being married to devin.
last night i had this dream that i was living in a model home that was placed inside home depot and at night time the pets of the house were a fox and a beaver. don't ask me why. anyways, all the people living in the house loved the pets and they were so cuddly and friendly (as cuddly as a beaver gets). so, i felt left out and wanted to play with them too! so i reach my hand out for the fox to smell me and he bit my hand off and then the beaver attacked my face! i couldn't believe it!

i woke up in a panic and told dev. then i fell back asleep and heard barking noises at my face and teeth on my face. WHAT IS GOING ON? no, i was actually still awake and devin was making those noises and biting my face.
i'll have to update you later on devin's vampire dream the other night - so funny! he's just getting prepared to watch eclipse :) i can't wait!
i feel like so many fun things are coming up:
- it is warm outside FINALLY
- planning so many bike rides with devin as long as i can keep the upchucking to a minimum that day
- summer semester ends in a few weeks! yay!
- 7 weeks without devin being in school
- woodruff reunion in july
- edwards reunion in august (i get to see my parents!!!)
- my mom is flying out in october for a few days so we can watch anne of green gables and she can attempt to teach me how to cook (like every other trip)
- first christmas with the woodruff's
- we get to meet our crazy little baby in january :)!!!!
i have a mile long list on things i'm SO excited about for the baby but that will have to be for another day because i just got some energy and that means i will FINALLY take a shower. b/c i have another doctor's appointment to try to convince them that i don't want to take any more sleeping meds for my nausea. what is all that crap about? i don't want to sleep away my day! it's summer! i want to play! i just want to stop feeling horrible and stop throwing up.
it's called ZOFRAN.
just give it to me doctor. dang it.
have a lovely day in the sun!

happy 10 month anniversary beaver!
ps- any tips to stop throwing up or feeling nauseous?
4 comments:
WHAT THE?????? I DIDN"T KNOW YOU WERE WITH CHILD!! Dang, where have I been?? I am sooo freaking excited for you Ash!! Can't wait to meet baby Woodruff! How far along are you? I'm sorry you are so sick all the time. I don't know how you do it. Me, you and Jos still need to get together. Especially since we are all stuck at home all day long! I miss you guys!
Ashley I literally laughed out loud when I read about Devin barking in your face! That is classic. Oh I can so feel for you and the sickness, my doctor gave me some medicine too and it really didn't work for me. I took it before bed to hopefully combat the sleepiness, since that is when I wanted to sleep. I also found like 5 or 6 foods that kind of went down ok, and literally ate those for the first 3-5 months. Toast, ramen noodles (I know, gross but they are bland) and sprite were big ones for me. I hope you start feeling better! I am still really excited for you guys...if you guys are going to be at the Woodruff's over Christmas we will be in Nampa too, if you have time I would love to get together and go to dinner or something. Good luck, I promise it will get better.
haha you think your dreams are weird now, just wait until your pregnancy progresses! they get crazy. as far as nausea goes, i was always drinking water, eating saltines and sucking on peppermint candies which seemed to help me.
Having a baby is the coolest thing ever! I'm so excited for you. I was also terribly sick. I lost a ton of weight in the first trimester and there was no break, it went all day and all night long. I'd wake up choking and have to make a run for the bathroom. I got to the point where when I threw up there was some blood in it because my asophagus had been worn so raw from all of the acid that there were open abrasions on the inside of my throat. Other people have terrible horror stories that are far worse and I hope you haven't experienced any of that, though I'm sure that whatever you're going through is terribly awful. The point is, I understand. I'm hear in Rexburg too and if you need anything please call (208)392-7341. I was on phenergan (sp?) which helped quite a bit despite the constant need to just SLEEP. I had heard of Zofran, but was a little worried about it because its a med they use for cancer patients and hasn't been used for pregnancy for very long (at least from what my doc told me). If you use it, you'll have to tell me how it goes because we are thinking about baby #2 sometime in the near future and I would love not to have to sleep all the time, especially since I already have a little one running around.
Like I said, let me know if you need anything, even if its just company.
Jenny (Masten) Helgeson
Post a Comment