Saturday, February 13, 2010

One year ago from this weekend...

One year ago from this weekend Devin and I were flirtin' it up and still playing "the game." Last Valentine's Day weekend Devin wanted to come visit me at my apartment but called right before he came over and said he'd have a visitor from home that dropped in on him randomly. I was totally okay with it until he came over and introduced his OLD GIRLFRIEND. Oh Devin.... I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father had a hand in our getting together because we all know Devin needed the help :)

So just imagine this... All my roommates in the kitchen (knowing exactly how Devin and I are about to start dating real soon) glaring at his x-girlfriend and watching Devin, HER, and I all in the living room playing cards together. Weirdest scenario for Valentine's weekend. Then, it got weirder. Devin saw cookies on the counter and my name in frosting all over the heart shaped cookies. He was like, "what in the world is this??" On some of the cookies were written:

"CUTE LIBRARY GIRL"

"FAVORITE SECURITY GIRL"

Devin: "Who are these from!?" ... as his x-girlfriend is still there...
Me: ... just thinking, how does he have a right to be jealous? I didn't bring my x-boyfriend over to HIS apartment... So I just told him, "Oh, this guy Steve I've been going on dates with."
Devin: "Oh, well that's dumb. I'm eating these!"

So he continued to eat all of them...

Anyways, after his x-girlfriend left and all the heart shaped cookies were eaten, things got much better for us. We were on this little elite jump rope team we made up HAHA so here is a picture of us (the very first picture of us together) in the gym up at the campus just loving it strong.

No comments: