I LOVE the holidays. I love fall the most. There's something magical about leaves falling from the trees and the air becoming a little crisper and a cooler breeze blowing. However, the breeze doesn't blow a little cooler here in Rexburg, it blows your house down in an ice storm. But besides that fact... I love fall. The house even smells like fall!
Devin had to go to Wyoming for 8 days for work and since he told me, I've pretty much been miserable since. I told my Mom through lots of tears that Devin was going to be leaving and will you believe it, she came out to visit me!!! She stayed the whole time Devin was gone. I love her. I feel bad because I was in school and working but we honestly did get a lot more time together than I thought we would. And I miss shopping with her! It doesn't matter if it's shopping for tooth paste or underwear. Shopping with my mom = an amazing experience. If you haven't gotten the chance to do so with her, you must. It is a once in a lifetime experience. The Edwards women have this strange thing in their blood where shopping cures them from any ailment and I instantly feel better from any sadness or heartache. I love shopping.
But Devin is home now and I am loving my life! :) Seriously you don't realize how good you have it until your husband is back with you! Aleluiah. I hate Wyoming. I never want him to go back. But I think we're going to Jacksonhole next week to play. We went to Mesa Falls yesterday and it was beautiful! It was the perfect opportunity to TAKE A PICTURE! Oh I would love to, BUT my camera charger is dead... I hate it!!! But seriously pictures of the house, the newlyweds, and all of our new fun adventures are soon to come!!!
I LOVE HAVING DEVIN HOME!
Oh and we finally got married friends! I'll have to update later! But we went on a drive with some of them tonight. It was to show us where they went hunting this past week. Yes folks, we're in Idaho. We hunt for fun. More like - people hunt for fun. I haven't gotten this glorious privilege quite yet :) We're having FHE with them tomorrow night and there will be 2 other couples there! We'll be carving pumpkins and playing games.
OH annnnnd... Heavenly Father loves us! I know big shocker! But seriously it's true! I was praying that we would feel involved in our ward and we met those people TODAY and took a ride with them tonight and are hanging out with them TOMORROW and I was so sad that I don't have a VT assignment or a calling and it's been killing me. Well, the Bishop called us today and guess what!?! WE'RE GIVING TALKS IN CHURCH NEXT SUNDAY! I know I'm super weird and no one is ever excited to give talks and honestly, it's on tithing and fast offerings so it's pretty much the most boring topic we could be assigned but I am SO grateful! I actually feel apart of the ward now. While I was in Relief Society they passed around the role and STILL "Woodruff" was no where to be found on the sheet. I was so bummed but then prayers and BAM!
But Devin is home now and I am loving my life! :) Seriously you don't realize how good you have it until your husband is back with you! Aleluiah. I hate Wyoming. I never want him to go back. But I think we're going to Jacksonhole next week to play. We went to Mesa Falls yesterday and it was beautiful! It was the perfect opportunity to TAKE A PICTURE! Oh I would love to, BUT my camera charger is dead... I hate it!!! But seriously pictures of the house, the newlyweds, and all of our new fun adventures are soon to come!!!
I LOVE HAVING DEVIN HOME!
Oh and we finally got married friends! I'll have to update later! But we went on a drive with some of them tonight. It was to show us where they went hunting this past week. Yes folks, we're in Idaho. We hunt for fun. More like - people hunt for fun. I haven't gotten this glorious privilege quite yet :) We're having FHE with them tomorrow night and there will be 2 other couples there! We'll be carving pumpkins and playing games.
OH annnnnd... Heavenly Father loves us! I know big shocker! But seriously it's true! I was praying that we would feel involved in our ward and we met those people TODAY and took a ride with them tonight and are hanging out with them TOMORROW and I was so sad that I don't have a VT assignment or a calling and it's been killing me. Well, the Bishop called us today and guess what!?! WE'RE GIVING TALKS IN CHURCH NEXT SUNDAY! I know I'm super weird and no one is ever excited to give talks and honestly, it's on tithing and fast offerings so it's pretty much the most boring topic we could be assigned but I am SO grateful! I actually feel apart of the ward now. While I was in Relief Society they passed around the role and STILL "Woodruff" was no where to be found on the sheet. I was so bummed but then prayers and BAM!
2 comments:
Ashley, this is Devin's friend Katie. You are too cute, I found your blog through someone else's, hope you don't mind? I am glad you are keeping one up, I'm glad you guys are loving married life.
P.S. my husband hunts for fun too, I think it's gross and inhumane....what can you do?
hey! thanks for calling me when ya'll had a sec! i loved it! and i love you guys!
Post a Comment