Wednesday, June 6, 2012

on being a mother of two

i have so many emotions right now on motherhood, especially on my two boys. two boys! i can't believe that i'm qualified to be a mother of two. well, i guess there's no real qualification for reproducing, huh? i'm just very fertile. but that's not where i was wanting to go with this :)

i would be bluffing if i said that i wasn't scared to have another baby. a lot of it has to do with me thinking we are nuts for having these two munchkins so close together. how am i supposed to time manage between the two of them? get them to play together? get them to like each other? and get a few hours of sleep at night too? mothers of more than one, how do you do it? i'm baffled and little piggy #2 isn't even here yet.

another reason i'm worried about having this little babe is a real selfish reason. crew is my best friend. i know, i know - so cliche and sappy but it's true. this kid is golden. we seriously laugh and play all day long. i don't think it can get any better. i'm selfish of our time and i completely cherish it. even when he pees in the bath tub and wipes his mashed potatoes all over my face, which happens quite often. i love that twirp. i love watching him grow and develop into the sweet little person that he is. might i add that he is quite the car- noise- maker now? yupp, he'd blow you out of the water.

is it so wrong that i'm holding on so tight to these last few months with just him and i?

i think you'd feel the same if crew was yours too. and maybe, just maybe a lot of mom's go through this. please say that there are other mom's out there that go through this?

i hit 29 weeks tomorrow and i'm in shock. seriously, where has all the time gone?

all in all, we are so excited and completely unprepared for another baby :)  i know my belly keeps getting rounder and rounder but it's still surreal that there's a littler person in there. OUR little person.

5 comments:

Alli & Richy said...

OH girl! You will be great with two little boys:) Seriously, any of my friends that I've talked to that are on to baby #2 have said the EXACT same things. Also, where is a belly pic? You must post some pictures:)

Cam said...

You are so cute Ashley! I have heard of TONS of moms say that too... you're not alone. But I've also heard them say later that it's just as wonderful when the second baby is born! So happy for you!!

Katie Wolfley said...

It is so hard to comprehend right now loving another little baby the way you do Crew, believe me I know. I cried the entire way to the hospital when I was going in to have Christian and kept getting teary eyed while I was being induced. However, the moment they put Christian in my arms it was like he was meant to be there all along, and it felt the same way when we brought him home. You will be surprised at how much Crew will love his little brother and yo will find ways to incorporate your new little man into your play with Crew, and you will still make time to be just you and Crew. You and Devin will be awesome parents of two. I have yet to meet a mom who isn't worried about #2's arrival and how things will go, but it is an amazing thing. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute belly and of course the little man when he arrives. Hope you are feeling good.

Unknown said...

I felt the SAME way about Connor. Once Nathanael was there, he seemed like he was always here. He made Connor a big brother. He had a friend. I'm not going to say they don't fight, but more often than not they have a friend who doesn't go home. One they can stay up late at night and yell at to be quiet. ;) I'm sure you remember those nights. It will be amazing. But you will be very tired for a few months. You could always send one of them to my house. I wouldn't mind. LOL. Love you!

Heather Magnusson said...

Ashley,
The amazing thing about being a mom, is the capacity to love ALL of them.. even at once! I stalk/read facebook and the blog, and I know you will continue to love Crew AND keep that tight bond between you.. and you'll have plenty for the new little one as well. It's magical! Love you!!