Friday, October 28, 2011

sewing

Have I ever told you that I loved sewing? Yeah, if I told you that before April of this year it would be a whole load of crap. Buuuut... I have seen the light. The light of being broke, broke, broke and that light led me to being real dang crafty. So, thank you light.

{Let me preface this by saying, I am no seamstress at all. I am still figuring out what the heck a sewing machine can do and my right hand is usually always holding a seam ripper while I am anywhere near the machine. I am just freaking proud of myself that the machine is out of the box!! }

Halle- freaking- lujah!! 

Since the sewing bug has set in - I just started on Christmas presents. I haven't barely made a dent yet but it's a start. I made a few little bow ties for my nephews and a little owl for one of my nieces. 



Still a true beginner but there are tons of fun sewing projects that seem pretty simple that I want to tackle. Like this little looker for the pig's big first day which is in - 2 1/2 months.


 Don't even get me started on him growing up.

 I don't want to talk about it.

.....

I feel like a real mom now, sewing and all. Who would've thought? Next thing you know, I might actually try to cook some dinner, but I won't get ahead of myself now :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

you inspire me to go put my sewing machine to good use :) love these ideas!!