Tuesday, September 27, 2011

UPS

did i mention that the hubs found a job? it's a miracle, i tell you! i swear, jobs are so hard to come by - especially when you have a degree. degree's mean about how much now? yeah, nodda. zilch. anyways, he got hired on as a seasonal UPS truck driver. so, he's going to be working mad crazy hours til a few days after christmas. bummer. but we are SO grateful for a job! however, there is one weirrrrrrd catch.

first, he has to go to UPS boot camp.

i wish i was joking. freaking boot camp for a delivery man, you ask?? i about peed my pants laughing when he told me that. so, there he is right now. he is shacked up in a hotel in maryland and left sunday after church and won't be home until friday night. don't worry, i will be sure to take pictures of him in his all brown - turd attire. brown from head to foot. that is some serious kind-of-sexy.

so, what is a girl to do while the hubs is gone all week?

since he is so manly (which is oh so hot) i am watching girly movies like you would not believe. i'm talking incessant amounts of movies which is not good for my eyeballs kind of amounts of movies.

i am proud/horrified to say that i watched all eight hours of anne of green gables today. yes, eight hours. but how can you not love gilbert blythe and his love for his sweet lady, carrots? it's the cutest movie really, errr - series of movies. you should watch them if you haven't.

i really ought to get some house work done though. i have more laundry to do than i want to think of. is it bad if i start using the underwear trick? you know that one where you wear it normal, then backwards, then inside out... get a lot more uses out of it that way. yeah, i think i'll tackle the laundry tomorrow. i don't want the hubs to come home to a nasty wife that smells like a skunk armpit.

4 comments:

Monica @ All Things Lovely said...

My brother in law has been working at UPS for a while now, they love the health care perks. But he loves the job also.

OH I love Anne of Green Gables, do you own it? I need to own it. I have always asked my mom why we don't own it. I will have to get that someday.

Tiffany said...

I love Anne of Green Gables, I hope you are all doing well while Devin is gone! We miss you!

Paige Broadbent said...

That's great news! Jobs are hard to come by, so that is such a blessing. Also, I am obsessed with A of GG. My sister and I watch the whole thing every time I come home. I said for years and years that I wanted to marry Gil. I tell Kevin he looks like him haha! =) Love you, glad things are going well! xo

Katie said...

I used to watch Anne of Green Gables ALLLLLLL of the time. <3