have you ever had to eat something that made you cringe so bad just thinking about it??
yeah... that would be THE green juice drink.
the hubs and i watched a documentary called "fat, sick, and nearly dead." YOU NEED TO WATCH IT! it was SOOOOO good! it's about - well, the title says it all. this super fat guy has all these health issues and he's not expected to live very long. on top of all of that he's on a TON of meds just to keep him alive, basically.
SO - to solve his problem, he decides to go on a juice fast of just fruits and veggies (here's the kicker) for sixty days. FREAKING SIXTY DAYS. that is two months of drinking crap. can you imagine??
results: he lost a TON of weight and was SO healthy and didn't have to take ANY meds. amazing huh?
well, i am just a big push over when it comes to the hubs and he said we should go on a 10 day juice fast. lo and behold, my parents bought us a juicer as our christmas present and just let us use it now, ha! it's a sign. so, we decided to do it! no solids or foods besides fruits and veggies through the blender. sounds fun, right?
no.
it sucks.
i hate my life.
it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.
and you know what? i might quit at the family dinner in 42 minutes. i am starving. and it is making me SO cranky. dude, diets are tough. i think i could handle a normal diet where you actually EAT FOOD but solely, drinking is so hard. have you ever done a juice fast?
the worst one was this:
Simply Green Juice
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 cups of parsley
- 1 cucumber
- 3 celery stalks
TRY IT! i double dog dare you.
of course, now i feel like a total weeny if i quit now because dev chugged his, yes CHUGGED and smiled when he was done and said he liked it. i am praying that it was a joke.
do i quit or keep going and lose my mind? afterall, my fridge currently looks like this-

4 comments:
Ashley I'm impressed you did it for a day! I would not have even made it that far. I am SO cranky without food. You're amazing!
I did it for not quite 2 days. What a waste of fresh produce. My mom gave me some good recipes- she actually did it for like a week. It's just it's so good for our bodies to detox all the junk we take in, but you aren't kidding, it is so hard to do!! Anyway, moooore pictures of Crew please!! I'd love to see his two cute beaver teeth.
My dad is a nutritionist and saw the movie and wanted to start. He can eat some pretty sick stuff for the sake of health. He lasted one drink. My mom and I talked about it and this is what we decided. It is a waste of good food. Look at all the pulp you throw away. The drinks taste nasty. Plus this diet for was for someone who was FAT, SICK and NEARLY DYING. This isn't a diet for the average person looking to loose a few lbs. He was seriously sick and his body needed that.
So your fridge is the perfect way to start a detox of sorts. Just eat fruits and veggies all day and have a small lite dinner (with a nice salad) and stay away from anything in a can, box or bag. Eat as naturally as you can. But don't let yourself get to the point of being cranky. Because when you do you will most certainly end up binging on foods that are NO GOOD. (I would also like to suggest eating free-range eggs, meat and drinking organic milk {or flax & almond milk}. If you don't want to go completely organic yet it is a good start. Watch food inc. If you can stomach it. It is pretty eye opening.)
So that is my soap box, and I will get down now.
Hey Ashley! I did the master cleanse with salt water flush for 5 days. I could have kept going but well, you can read about it on my blog!
http://waahpow.blogspot.com/
The fruit/veggie drink sounds pretty gross though. Maybe you guys should try the master cleanse? My sister did it for 30 days and lost 30 pounds. My mom did it for 10 days and lost 11 pounds. I did it for 5 days and lost 5 pounds and I've kept it off even though I went right back to eating like I did before (not all too healthy lol). It's not meant for weight loss but you'll end up losing a little bit anyway cuz you're cleaning out your system. Gotta warn you though, the first 3 days are a bit hard cuz there is no food allowed. Totally worth it though. Me and Cesar are gonna do it together after our anniversary :)
Post a Comment